Saturday, September 19, 2009

Territorial Seeds

I planted some more seeds. I couldn't find collards, turnips or kale here, so I ordered these seeds from Territorial Seeds in Cottage Grove OR (a blast from the past!).

The red Russian kale is my favorite kind of kale, so I'm looking forward to eating it. It's very tender and sweet. I've heard that collard plants get very tall and you can keep picking leaves from them. I hope that kale and collards will be my winter vegetable staples.

I planted these last weekend and the turnips and collards have already sprouted. I get just one collard plant in one square foot, so I hope it does well!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy - the garden looks great. Once you've got kale, try Kale and Roasted Vegetable Soup. It's really yummy. The recipe is from:
    http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/kale_and_roasted_vegetable_soup/
    - Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that comment from your brother?? Wow.

    I've never tasted kale, as far as I know. You continue to impress me.

    Nice to see you bought seeds from Cottage Grove!

    ReplyDelete