Friday, August 28, 2009

Before....

I'm getting ready to build a Square Foot Garden this weekend. This is space in my backyard where it will go. My sister-in-law who came to visit several weeks ago is so excited about her garden! So I decided to give it a try.

The idea comes from the book All New Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew. This weekend my husband and I are going build a 4 foot by 4 foot raised bed, only 6 inches deep and fill it with the special planting mix described in the book.

It was over 90 degrees out today, so I'm not sure if it's time to plant my winter garden yet, but we'll be ready for it. Stay tuned!!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds very interesting. Are you keeping up TWO blogs now?

    It was 100 degrees here in Corpus Christi today with 1/3 inch of rain, our first rain since June 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, two blogs! This one's specific to my garden project.

    ReplyDelete